If, like me, you are embracing being more eco friendly and sustainable, do you struggle with finding presents? I do. I don’t like unnecessary waste and I don’t want to buy products that harm the planet, if I can avoid it. But, and I’m sure you’ll agree, searching for the perfect eco friendly gift is really time consuming isn’t it? Do you ever wish someone would just do it for you?
Well, here’s the great news, I have! I figured as I was searching anyway, I should write down the best things I found so I could share them with you.
So, if you’re looking for brilliant gift ideas and you want to make more eco friendly choices whilst supporting small businesses then I think you’ll love the eco friendly gift ideas I’ve come up with for this post.
All products are from UK small businesses on Etsy, but if you are in another country, just click on any of the product links and then type in similar words found on that product in the Etsy search. This should help you find similar products and you can filter the search for your country.
I hope you’ll enjoy these ideas and find some really great independent wee shops to support, who are all doing an amazing job in bringing incredible planet friendly sustainable alternatives for us to choose instead.
Just to let you know this post contains adverts and affiliate links, if you click or purchase anything via these links I might earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. If you’d like to help support my blog please consider purchasing supplies through my links. You may read my full disclosure here if you’d like to know more.
- Giving a new I-Phone for Christmas? While we can’t make that an eco-friendly gift, but we definitely can accessorize it with a planet friendly case. I had no idea this even existed, check out this 100% biodegradable and compostable I-Phone case by WildCaseUK. It’s available for a variety of I-Phone models and the price is very reasonable too. I asked if they will expand into other popular phone makes too and guess what? It’s a big hooray, yes they are, with further product ranges coming in 2021.
2. I’m totally in love with these gorgeous Coconut Bowls and Spoons by Jungle Culture. There’s a choice of pretty designs and you can buy single bowls and sets too. You’ll want to stay in this shop and have a good look around, there are lots more fantastic sustainable and eco friendly gift ideas.
3. A wonderful, all natural organic, pamper gift for ladies… Yes please! I’m loving this Ladies Organic Pamper Christmas Gift Box by Native Wildcraft, I love everything with Geranium in, this is on my list!
4. Helping another go eco friendly is easy with this wonderful Zero Waste Starter kit by BattleGreenBox. It contains all the essentials we need to embark on a more eco friendly and sustainable lifestyle.
5. This one is a really a gift for the bees and other vital pollinating insects, but kids will love this gift and it’s perfect for a wild patch in the garden. Wildflower Seed Snowballs by Sow Many Seeeds.
6. One for the Bearded Man, this is a lovely Beard Care Set by The Sustainable Way, includes beard soap, balm and a plastic free beard comb too.
7. You don’t need to spend a fortune to be eco friendly, there are so many great gifts, from pamper sets to stocking fillers in this little shop that I struggled to pick one. But one thing that’s hard to find locally is a handbag sized brush that’s not plastic! How cute is this little bamboo brush? Go have a good nose around The Posh Soap Company, I’m sure you’ll find a fab gift.
8. Pamper sets are hard to find that aren’t floral or full of plastic, but you’ll find the perfect pamper set for fans of mint aroma, all natural and plastic free, with the Minty Fresh Collection by The Salty Herb.
9. If you know someone who wants to be a bit greener in the home, the Ultimate Eco Friendly Kitchen set by The Eco Way, is the perfect gift for them. It has all the kitchen essentials to help with the move away from plastics for a truly green kitchen.
10. Last on my eco friendly gift list we have several marvelous biodegradable stationery ideas from Eco Life Green, from plantable pens, pencils and notebooks that are wonderful stocking fillers or as extra little gifts, along with a fabulously eco friendly and pretty cork pen for an unusual and very responsible gift idea.
If you’re like me and not organised at gift buying, then I think you’ll find this list really helpful. It takes all the searching time out of the equation for you. I’m so pleased I researched these eco friendly gift ideas, I now have this list and all the amazing shops saved right here, and so do you!
So I hope that’s given you some great ideas too, for gift ideas suitable year round, not just for Christmas. Please share this post with your friends to spread some love for eco friendly living.
Wishing you a wonderful time this festive season and good health and happiness in the coming year.