I love EVERYTHING flowery in Spring. I obsess about all the pretty blossom on the trees and the buds appearing everywhere, don’t you? I want to make pretty things in lovely Spring colours. But I do get a bit overwhelmed by the amount of floral crochet patterns out there, there are so many that are gorgeous.
Being a very adept procrastinator, making decisions isn’t my strong point, so I end up with an ever growing must-make list that I barely get started on before the bright summery patterns lure me away! I have a feeling I’m not the only one, so I’ve made a small round up of 10 of the most lovely Spring Floral patterns that are full of the beauty of Spring and don’t take long to make! I hope you’ll find your perfect Spring make from these ideas.
1. Starting with the showiest of all Spring has to offer, it’s cherry blossom! Isn’t it one of the most beautiful sights in Spring? Over far too quickly, it breaks my heart to see it blow away. But it’s ok because you can make your own crochet ones to have all year round, how wonderful is that? I love this one (free) by Golden Lucy Crafts
2. In Spring we all need a blanket, but not the cosy Wintery ones, it has to be lighter weight and gorgeous! The Spring Showers Blanket (free) – by Ashley @ Edyth Blayn, is just perfect. It’s made up of 15 flower squares and 15 filler squares and all of the patterns to make it are free! It has been run this Spring (2020) as a fun CAL (crochet a-long) that I’m kicking myself for missing, but it’s ok because all the patterns are linked on the post.
3. If you are looking for a quick, super easy make, then this Easy Flower Applique (free) by Rafaella at Raffamusa Designs might be the perfect little embellishment to add a touch of spring to anything from cards to hairclips.
4. When Spring begins to emerge do you change your wardrobe for the season? I naturally switch to lighter colours and fabrics. Do you change your accessories too? This Boho Summer Flower Crochet Bracelet Pattern (free) by Thoresby Cottage has a definite Spring vibe with it’s pastel colours and daisies, I think it makes a very pretty Spring accessory, don’t you?
5. Well now here’s a darling spring accessory that really caught my eye. Check out these Spring in Bloom Earrings (paid) from my lovely crochet friend Amber Bliss Calderón, crochet earrings are her thing, she has lots of pretty designs for us.
6. It can still be a little chilly in many areas throughout Spring, so I always love to wrap something around my shoulders. How utterly divine is this wonderful Peach Blossom Wrap by Natalia at Natali’s Crochet.
7. I wonder, do you also change your bag for the season too? I do. I don’t know what it is about winter, perhaps the wetter weather but I choose lighter coloured more airy bags as Spring progresses. I really love this pretty little Crochet Flower Clutch Bag (free) by Thoresby Cottage Designs. It’d be the perfect accessory for any Spring party (when it’s safe to mingle again) and wouldn’t it make a beautiful gift for Mother’s Day?
8. This makes me think about daisies… I love that Spring brings us the daisies too, for me they are the true beginning of Spring. When I see the first ones appear on the lawn I feel so much joy. I can never have enough daisies! This sweet Daisy Granny Square (free) by Catherine at Lullaby Lodge is a must and versatile make. You can use these darling squares to make all kinds of things from blankets and cushions to bags.
9. Can we ever have enough of daisies? Nope. I want them all year round! Just look at this stunning Shasta Daisy pattern (paid) by Happy Patty Crochet. Oh my wow! Isn’t the detail just amazing? If you love flowers you’ll love her site, soooo many beautiful flowers in crochet form.
10. Since we’re talking daisies, I couldn’t leave out my own wee darling Daisy Flower Fairy (paid). Isn’t she just the sweetest? She’s made from my most popular fairy design, Calendula Fairy, you just switch the orange colour for white. Why not make both? They’re such easy makes, don’t need much yarn and are perfect little dolls for Spring and Summer.
So, that’s them all, a lovely small collection that’s not too overwhelming. I hope you like them.
Added March 2021 – If you love Spring Flowers then I think you’re going to love my Bonnie Bluebells pattern. And you might like to check out my free Spring Blossom jewelry patterns the Spring Blossom Necklace and Bracelet.
Please PIN or share this post to help others find it and spread some love for these gorgeous patterns and talented independent designers.
Thank you and happy crocheting 😊
Love Jan x🌸x
If you’d like to be the first to know about new releases, pattern test calls and get EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNTS on all new pattern releases, simply complete the form below to join my newsletter email list.